Finding the right real estate agent is crucial to ensuring that your property sells for the best price and you purchase a home at the best market value. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to find the right real estate agent.
- Start by defining your criteria for a home and talk to a lender to find out how much you can afford.
- Look for an agent who has experience in the local market for your type of property. Ask questions about their experience and local market knowledge.
- Choose an agent who is flexible in showing you the property at different times, including during working hours during the week.
- Visit open houses hosted by agents you are considering and interview them in person. Get recommendations from friends and family and call current customers to learn about their experiences.
- Consider the type of agent you need. There are two types of estate agents: buyer’s agents and stockbrokers. Dual agents who represent both buyers and sellers can act as a double agent.
- Look for an agent who has a full-time job in real estate and has the knowledge and time to help you sell or buy your home. More transactions a broker has, the better they will be in solving problems that arise when selling a home.
- Real estate professionals can help you navigate a stressful and complicated process, and guide you through every step of the process, including referring you to other professionals such as property inspectors and real estate lawyers.
- Use the Buyers Agent Matching Program to link with a licensed buyer agent with experience in the neighborhood and type of property you want.
- Look for repeat real estate agent names on signs and get recommendations from friends and family members.
- Keep in mind that finding the perfect fit can be challenging, but working with an experienced and trusted agent will help ensure a successful transaction. Only 5% of sellers find an agent through a “for sale” sign, while 16% hire an agent based on who is the best-known estate agent in their community.
In conclusion, finding the right real estate agent is a critical step in the complicated and stressful process of buying or selling a property. Consider these tips and use the available resources to make the best decision for your needs.